The Rune Factory series has made quite a name for itself. This Harvest Moon spin-off has been able to successfully carve a place in gamers' hearts. Now, it is looking to find a home on Nintendo's latest hand-held, the 3DS.
To put it simply, the 3DS is the perfect place for the next Rune Factory title, which has been given the name Rune Factory 4. So far, there have been three Rune Factory games on the DS, and two for the Wii. Although all of them were great, this upcoming title for the 3DS could prove to be the best yet.
As the game gets closer to its Japanese release date (July 2012), more details are being released about the game. Below are some of the new features you can expect to see in the upcoming game:
- Rune Factory 4 has done away with Grid based farming. You are now free to plant and organize your farm as you see fit.
- The game has a new and improved dating system. For example, there are more stages to your relationship. No longer will you jump from being “friends” to being married. You will actually have to “date” the person for a period of time before they would agree to marry you. Also, the game offers a new “Dokidoki Zoom” feature. This causes the screen to zoom in on love events. According to the producer, this will help gamers feel “more engaged.”
- Another new element to dating is the ability to date more than one person at a time. However, the producer warns that dating too many women at once can cause problems later on when you finally do settle down.
- More animated cut scenes have been introduced. You will see such cut scenes during festivals, introductions, dating, and story events.
- You also have the ability to build new buildings in your town. By doing this, you can attract new people. The more people you attract, the higher your rating goes up. The producer even hinted at the potential of giving gamers the ability to come up with their own festivals as their popularity in town increases.
- Some bosses are marriage candidates. Yes, after beating certain bosses they will turn into a more “human-like” form. They will then move into town, where they can be courted.
The good news does not stop there. For people who pre-order the game, they will receive a free pair of headphones and a special drama CD. Apparently, the producers say that they have included headphones with the pre-order because the drama CD is something that people will want to listen to “secretly.” No more information was given on what could possibly be on this CD, but it's obliviously something that’s suppose to be “moving” or even possibility “romantic.” Keep in mind, however, that the game is rated “T.” So the possibility of something naughty being on this CD is pretty much zero. Come on guys, get your heads out of the gutters!
It is not known if this pre-order will be offered outside of Japan. Also, at the time of this writing, no release date for NA had been set. However, since all the other games came stateside, I see no reason why this one would not.